---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

HARVESTING FRESH KECIPIR AKA WINGED BEAN



Something that so interesting in our eastern backyard.
When I was looking at the top of our east wall, I looked something different on the lush vine at the corner of this part.



Some unique bean were hanging on this vine.
Yeay... our 'kecipir' vine finally produce its fresh beans. 



Kecipir (Psophocarpus tetragonolobus) or winged bean is a perennial bean that grow mostly on the home garden on the village.
I sowed the seed about a year ago.
Actually I often grow this kind of bean but they didn't produce bean, only a very lush leaves that we could find.
But now we can harvest the beans.



Lots of the flowers too...
Sorry the vine is too high, so I can't take any pictures of its flowers.



The vine is growing here and there.
I have to use a stair to pick the bean.



Fresh bean from our garden

8 comments:

  1. Di tempat saya lebih dikenali sebagai kacang kelisa atau kacang botor. Sedap dibuah ulam dan masakkan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted this kacang but it's growing so slowly...Not sure why!
    Anyway happy harvesting the beans! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Malar. The other patch of Mine so poor too.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaaa.. orang putih panggil "kecipir"
    Saya pun panggil kecipir.

    ReplyDelete