---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WAKE UP MY SLEEPING BEAUTY

This is my other sleeping beauty
It awake when the rainy season come.
They grow so fast during the wet weather.




Caladium love shady or partly shady area.
I plant it under the bilimbi tree on my front yard.
Sun shine make the leaves have brighter color.







During the dry season, this plant get dormancy.
We couldn't see anything.
The plant is disappear.




This plant also show me its flower.
Beauty in the simplicity.


12 comments:

  1. This is even a tricky plant to grow indoors here! I didn't realise that they produced flowers too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caladium, especially species vatieties, usually bearing their flowers during the rainy season if their bulb are large enough and fairy mature.

      Delete
  2. Never thought about them having flowers. We have them in pots in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe they live in their native climate, so they could grow optimally. As a tropical plant, caladiums grow well and sometime wildly almost in every places here.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I really love this color, but this variety usually 'wake up' lately.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic plant with beautiful flowers.
    Regards:)
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a typical of Araceae plants, caladium have a simple structure its seen from the simple flower and leaf shape.

      Delete
  5. The Caladium leaves are so beautiful, such fun to see them grow in a garden instead of in pots on the windowsill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometime I plant caladiums on the pots, but it make me do more, cause in their dormancy stage, I have to remove them to other place. So I must plant it again in the end of dry season.

      Delete