---------------------------------------------

Friday, July 3, 2015

RAISED BED UPDATE : SOUTHERN SIDE

This bed is located on end of the southern side of the back yard.
The most miserable raised bed on this part.
I didn't use potting mix to fill this bed, I only used existing soil and homemade compost.
The existing soil was so heavy and became so solid when it's rained.
I used to digging this bed at least three time each year or the soil became like as a concrete.


This was the raised bed two weeks ago.
Full of weed and non-productive plants.


This was the raised bed last week
I needed a day full to tidy up this bed to get the clean bed.
Reloading the old plants, weeding and then digging.
I only let the existing Canna clump on the corner and also three chili plants.
One day later, I sowed green bean seeds and also planted green mustard, green onion and three cabbages that I moved from the terrace garden.


This is the raised bed today. 
Looks a bit green...
The cabbage looks better here.


The green beans have popped up from the ground.


A bountiful of self seedling amaranths on this part.
They grow so fast like crazy.


The chilies looks so fresh...


The canna bud is ready for the bloom.


This is the bed from another sight.
I hope I will have great weather this season...

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this vegetable bed changed in only a few days from a weed plot into a nice new bed with fresh new vegetables......
    Wish you happy gardening and a good growing season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beds look so nice...we have had so much rain..that the weeds and grass are taking over our garden. To wet and muddy to get in the garden.. This is suppose to be in our dry time ~ instead we are having a lot of rain. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much rain sometimes just great for the weed, but not for our plants. I hope your garden will doing well. Happy gardening.

      Delete