---------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 21, 2017

ENJOYING THE BLIGO PATCH

Our backyard is really messy right now.


Look... the trellis next to the kitchen is full of Bligo leaves (Benincasa hispida).
Mostly old leaves, yellowish and withered. 


But... we can find some fruits are hanging or laying on this trellis. 


I still have no idea when is the best time to harvest them.


The weight of the fruit is about 1-2 kilograms.


The flower is so beautiful...


Love to enjoy this patch.

4 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of bligo, so I googled it and think it's a type of gourd. Couldn't see when to harvest it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's tropical fruit I think. A rare plant here right now. Hoping I know soon when to harvest them snd how to cook them.

      Delete
  2. You will need to take care when walking under those fruits.

    ReplyDelete