---------------------------------------------

Monday, July 6, 2020

MY LOVELY BEGONIA

Yesterday when I was tidying my front yard, I found my old fashion Begonia growing here and there.


There's a branch that burdened by a bountiful flower cluster.


Yes, This Begonia a bit neglected.


It's growing high up to 2 meters, but the herbaceous branch make it a bit leak.


This flower looks so cheer, so eye catching.


Then, I pruned some branch to keep it tidy and better growth.


I picked the flowers.


This flower will always remind me into my childhood.


We used to eat this flower when we visited our granny.
Picked fresh flower from granny garden with my cousins, than ate it together.


The taste is sour and a bit juicy.


Love it...
So memorable...

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Endah,
    Childhood memories are always the fondest to reminisce on!
    Begonias are such prolific bloomers.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful. Our outdoor varieties are much smaller than that one but I've seen those tall, big-leaved varieties grown as indoor plants over here.
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Belinda. This is a big leaved variety. Love to grow it among my childhood memory.

      Delete