---------------------------------------------

Friday, July 28, 2017

FRUITY FRIDAY : DELIMA AKA POMEGRANATE

A view from our southern balcony...


This was our Delima or pomegranate bush.
A bit messy, but something that made us happy.


Three big fruits were hanging on the slim branches.
I thought they have already ripe.


Several weeks ago some unripe fruits have fallen onto the ground.
It might caused by extreme weather several weeks ago.
Lots of heavy rains then very dry days for several days later.


Then I picked all the fruits.
Look... they were fairly big. 


But all fruits were cracked.
This one was the most cracked...
The cracked area was dry and blackish.


But when we opened and removed the dried part, we found the fresh fleshy seeds.


Look... my little one really enjoy the reddish flesh.
Sweet and slightly sour taste and of course... juicy...
Thanks GOD...

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that's good that the insides of the fruit were OK. I've never had a freshly picked Pomegranate. The juice and fruits from our grocery store are tasty, though. I'm glad your child enjoyed the treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beth. My little daughter really love this fruit.

      Delete
  2. We can't grow pomegranate in the UK. I was amazed when I first saw a tree with fruits on in Spain - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may too cool there. This plant needs warmer climate.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that th fruits were not totally ruined

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pomegranate at home! Wow! Good harvest! They taste so good! I like to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very interesting. We can buy pomegranates here in the winter at grocery stores, but they are bright red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may a different variety. I have ever heard the red one is tastier.

      Delete
  6. I love pomegranate. You're lucky some of yours were salvaged from the bad weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love pomegranates -- such a happy fruit. When I was a kid, we would use a pin to take out the seeds a few at a time. My mouth is watering thinking about it. Great memories. P. x

    ReplyDelete