---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

JALI : A GIFT IN OUR GARDEN


Such a lovely thing, that we get a special gift on your own garden.
For a long time I have been looking for this rare plant.



Yeay... finally I have my own Jali.



Jali (Coix lacryma) is a member of Gramminae family.



GOD is really blessing our garden, that we get something that we want.
I don't know how long I've been looking for this plant.
It seem suddenly I get a special surprise.



At the first, I thought it was a common corn, but when I found this plant was growing a clump, I guessed that it was Jali or Javanese call it as Jagung Jali.
When the 'flowers' are setting up, I'm sure that it's a real Jali that I really want.
It might bird sown seed.



When I was a little girl, we used to make a necklace or from the seeds.
The peeled seed is used as healthy drink and porridge. 
This plant is also well known as medicinal plant.



Thanks GOD for everything...

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting plant.
    The first time I hear about it.
    Greetings.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call them Job's tears; I had no idea they can be used for food!

    ReplyDelete