---------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WEEKLY HARVEST : MARCH 1

Here they are... my harvest this week.
This is a windy and rainy week.
It makes my home garden look so messy.
I only have a limited time in gardening, caused by the unfavorable weather.


Look what I have gained this morning...
From my front yard I picked some bilimbis.
I think they are on over ripening stage, so look yellowish.

Belimbing wuluh/bilimbi (Averhoa bilimbi)

The passion fruit vine only give me a little basket of fruit.
I have shared it with my friends or neighbors almost everyday.
I still find residual traces of  volcanic ashes on the fruits.

Markisa/Passion fruit (Passiflora sp)

From my back yard there are Loofa, long yard beans, green globular eggplants, three varieties of amaranths, long hot chilli peppers, chayotes, chayote leaves and kemangi sweet basil.


From my terrace garden I get lettuces, cauliflowers, tomatoes, purple eggplants, green onion and  three varieties amaranths.
The cauliflowers are actually  too young to be harvested, but I found some caterpillars on the curds.
So... I picked the bigger curds to safe them.


Here they are the sweet basil and lettuce for lalab (eaten raw) with 'sambal' (traditional hot chilli sauce).


Those are my amaranths.
I picked from my back yard and terrace garden.


Another day I picked some lettuces from my balcony.
That's great for salad and lalab.
Thanks God for everything.

12 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful harvest there Endah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne. That's more than my expectation, cause the downpour and heat my garden look so poor.

      Delete
  2. I was surprised to see the cauliflowers. I didn't think that they would like your climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we have so many cauliflower varieties that adaptable in lowland tropics. The imported varieties only adaptable in highland

      Delete
  3. You have overcome many difficulties to yet again gather a wide variety of vegetables and fruits. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. No pain no gain, it needs hard work. And I enjoy it

      Delete
  4. Welcome to Endah!
    Beautiful are your collections.
    I marvel at cauliflowers, passion fruit, basil ...
    Everything looks beautiful.
    I have a very long time to wait for their crops.
    Greetings.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucia. I hope you have better weather forward. So... you can prepare everything for your garden. Have a nice week.

      Delete
  5. happy gardening aan...you make me...ngiler...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of dishes do you make with the eggplant? I enjoy cooking with eggplant. I make a black eyed pea and eggplant salad that is in a vinaigrette that I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually make eggplant stir fry with red pepper (balado) or eggplant soup with coconut milk (lodeh). We have lots of traditional dishes using eggplants. That's great for tempura

      Delete