---------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 13, 2015

FRESH MINT GLOXINIA IS BLOOMING

My Gloxinia 'clump' is starting the flowering period right now.
Fresh mint fragrance spreads around the flowers.


I think it's a summer plant.
This plant blooms on the early of the dry season and will 'die' in the peak of dry season.
The dormancy period will break in the beginning of rainy season.
New shoots pop up from the ground when the rain comes.


Look the flower buds...


I will find fresh mint aroma from my front yard about one or two months forward.





8 comments:

  1. I think this plant is just beautiful! Is it edible as well? I hope that you and baby are doing well my friend! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole. We're doing so well. It isn't edible. Happy gardening, friend!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty plant, Enadah. I have some gloxinia at home as indoors plant but they are weak flowers, yours is better:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadezda. I have ever grow another kind of gloxinia as indoor plant, they were weak too.

      Delete
  3. I had never seen or heard about this plant before. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, this is the strongest gloxinia that I have ever grown.

      Delete
  4. Bardzo ładny kolor kwiatów. Miałam kiedyś gloxinie w donicach ale były różowe. Są śliczne. Przesyłam pozdrowienia.

    ReplyDelete