---------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

THE ROLLER...

This variegated Mondokaki (Tabernaemontana corymbosa) is seem not so dense as usual.
I didn't notice this plant for several time.


My husband said that there were lot of caterpillars there.
They rolled the leaves and eat it.
So... the leaves are less than before.


Then I cut the branches to remove the unhealthy leaves.
I found caterpillar inside the rolled leaves.


Semi hard pruning to recover the plant is a must.
I hope this plant will be recovered soon.
And I can see the beautiful foliage and flower again.

8 comments:

  1. I hope it will recover too! You have reminded me to inspect my leaves more carefully when I see damage....good luck with this one. It sure does have beautiful foliage! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! During this dry season, I have to do inspection more often as possible. Happy gardening friend!

      Delete
  2. Interesting. Sometimes that's a welcome sight, if you're OK with a little damage to support the larva of butterflies and moths. I wonder what type of caterpillar that is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the type of this caterpillar. Lots of butterflies in my garden, so this is the consequence, lots of caterpillars.

      Delete
  3. I have a lot of caterpillars too in the garden! Butterflies always remind me of their voracious babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have similar climate, so the condition of our garden is similar too.

      Delete
  4. I do not have caterpillars in the garden ala I have a plague of snails.
    I can not deal with them.
    Greetings.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky! Your garden must be so healthy. Have a nice week!

      Delete