---------------------------------------------

Sunday, June 28, 2015

THE CHICK HAVE GROWN TO BE A HEN...

This is my Lily Paris (Clorophytum comosum)on my terrace garden.
Actually, this is the only one survivor.


We use to call it as 'hen and chicks plant'.
I took some 'chicks' from their hen last year, I'm not sure when it was.
You can see the hen here.
I put the 'hen' on the southern balcony as a hanging plant.
But the hen have died, caused by drought.
I think the soil media was too porous and the wind was too strong on this place.
The direct sunshine also gave contribution on the drought problem.
This plant loves cool and part shady area.
From several 'chicks that I've taken, the only one have been surviving.


Now, the 'chick' have grown to be a hen.
And you can see the new 'chick' have appeared from this hen.


The chicks have ready to be separated from their hen.


And they will be grow as new hens forward...

4 comments:

  1. You call it Lily Paris, lovely name. It is a common houseplant here because it´s an easy one. You need only one hen to get many chicks, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very like something we call a spider plant here, a houseplant which is very easy to propagate like you mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's sometimes used as houseplant too here. A simple plant!

      Delete