---------------------------------------------

Monday, June 1, 2015

GREENS FROM THE HEDGE...

Just a limited time on gardening...
Yes, I should do pruning on my hedge on the middle of May.
The cassava leaves grow so healthy, and I should pick this edible hedge as a greens.
Look the colorful hedge on May 9...



You can imagine the height of the cassava plant two days ago, so high... more than a meter.
The hedge also took over some part of the path way.
This is the hedge today...



I picked the shoots and young leaves, and cooked it on boiling water with a pinch of salt until the leaves became tender.



It was eaten with rice and salty fish.
Simple dish from my hedge.
Reader, do you cook a special dish from your hedge too?

8 comments:

  1. vegetables fresh from garden! That's awesome! simple but full of nutritious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always learn from your postings, Endah. Our meals are made, as much as possible, from the garden. P. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pamela. I'm agree with you, the best meal is from our own garden.

      Delete
  3. Endah, your edible hedge is really cool! Hope the baby and you are doing well!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you have a hedge that you can eat from! What a fantastic idea my friend!!! Wishing you all good things this week! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete