---------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

GIFT OF THE WEEK : KATU AND DAUN SINGKONG

This week I got a lot of  'gifts' from my neighbors or family.
Last Sunday, I got some greens from my neighbor.




Yes, there were Daun Katu (Saoropus androgenus) and daun singkong or cassave leaves (Manihot esculenta).
Very fresh greens from my neighbor's hedge, an edible hedge.
So... very productive hedge.




Actually my family really love daun singkong, we use to boil it and eat it with sambal (traditional ground chili sauce).


Daun katu is so great for soup both of clear and gravy soup.
Thank you so much for the gift friend...
I think, I should make my hedge more productive too...

2 comments:

  1. How lovely. It's good to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sharing what we get from our own garden give us so much pleasure.

      Delete