---------------------------------------------

Thursday, August 28, 2014

MELATI GAMBIR - PART 5

Melati gambir as a stuff on Jasmine Tea usually arrive on tea factories in the evening, and the flowers will be processed soon before the flower buds get blooming.
Jasmine tea processing is the process of absorption the jasmine scent into the green tea.
The best green tea for jasmine tea has a dark green color, rolled well, a bit of bitter, fresh, easy to absorb the smell of flowers and maximum water content about 10 %.
Then the green tea will be dried on the rotary machine until the water content of the green tea is about 3-5%.



Next process is humidification.
This process is done through the provision of water to the tea until it becomes moist tea with a water content 30-35%. 
Humidification can open the rolls of tea leaves.
It means extending surface thereby increasing the dampening effect in the process of moving the jasmine scent in to the green tea.
Then moist tea are mixed with the jasmine. 
The volume ratio between tea and jasmine is 1:2, or 2:3. 
During this process both of tea and jasmine are repeatedly stirred to get homogeneous fragrant of the tea.
The next process is taking the jasmine from the mixture, then the tea is ready to be dried for about 30-60 minutes until the water content is about 4%.



Tea factories have their own special final products.
Some factories throw out the jasmine from the whole jasmine tea, but there are some factories that keep on the dried jasmine stay on the tea mixture to keep the fragrance longer.



Now... the jasmine tea is ready to be packed and then distributed.



Next, we will talk more about Melati gambir.
Have a scented week.

10 comments:

  1. I don't think that I have had it before though I have seen it in the grocery store. I will have to try some now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really neat. I don't think I've had jasmine tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. You can try it, and you can find a new sensation on drinking tea.

      Delete
  3. Salam endah,
    I have had jasmine tea with hot scorn several times in Cameron Highland ..here jasmine not so popular and quite hard to get it esp in my place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Ana, Yes, I think Jasmine tea is not popular in so many countries. In my country, this tea is only popular in Java Island.

      Delete
  4. The scent of jasmine tea is delicious, but I think the taste is not my cup of tea, brrr. My daughter likes jasmine tea and I tried it once at her home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. Most tea drinkers prefer to black tea or green tea with the natural authentic tea leaves aroma.

      Delete
  5. I've tried lots of herbal teas but never Jasmine. I must add it to my list to try. Thanks for the informative post Endah.

    ReplyDelete