---------------------------------------------

Thursday, September 5, 2013

FLOWER OF THE WEEK - TORENIA


Scientific name : Torenia fournieri
Synonym : wishbone flower, lady's slipper, blue wing
Family : Linderniaceae (Scrophulariaceae)


Torenia  is an annual dwarf flowering plant, that have cheerful color.
In tropics, torenia can grow well from low land until high land area. 
It's like full sun area, but adaptable in a part shady area.


I got this plant from my neighbor.


So, I got new color on my front yard.
More colorful garden...

2 comments:

  1. How lovely, and I saw the wishbone immediately even before I read the description. You live in paradise! Linda @ Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda! Actually I exchanged my vegetables seeds with this torenia. Maybe exchange our collection with friend's or neighbor's is a cheap way to add our plants collection. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete