---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WORM ATTACK


Last night when I was watering my front yard garden, I found something strange on my Bangkok roses plant (Mussaenda philipica).
Since four days ago, I feel  something should not happens on my plant.
More than 50 percent of the leaves disappeared.
Then I found the suspect last night... a huge worm!
The worm have a colorful skin, bright yellow with grey-blue and white stripped.
Look... compare with my pencil...

It's about 15 cm length!

three "musketeers"

I found two worms again  this morning. 
Looks... the new worms seen greenish.
My daughter said "How beautiful they are...! I want to know how beautiful the butterflies forward!"
Then she put the worms into a  big plastic jar.


poor branches

eating yummy leaves


safe buds
I'm lucky that the buds safe from the attack.
I hope the buds become beautiful "flowers".



safe buds... safe flowers....

safe leaves

waiting for the bloom

8 comments:

  1. Ugh! Beautiful, but so destructive to your wonderful plants! My friend uses a hand vacuum cleaner to get rid of such pests. Not sure what he does with them. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda. They are beautiful, but so terrifying. They held the branch strongly. I can took them from the branch, so I have to broke the branch. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. WOW, those catterpillars are so big. I am just as your daughter very curious which butterfly will emerge ; )
    Have a great day.
    Sampai bertemu lagi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monique. They are so greedy. Maybe next I will find beautiful butterflies coloring my garden. Wow you can speak Bahasa Indonesia well.
      Terima kasih.

      Delete
  3. Oh may those are HUGH, I would not like to touch them. Glad you found them...So they will not
    eat your beautiful plants. Have a beautiful day in INDONESIA when you wake up. It is 12:50 p.m. in the afternoon here in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Teresa. I'm glad that I found them early before my lovely plant exhausted. I really love this flower cause the named look like my name. Lol... Thank you. Have a nice evening

      Delete
  4. Hello!
    Beautiful post and wonderful pictures.
    I send greetings from distant Polish.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lucja Maria. Thank you for coming by. Welcome to my blog. Sweet and warm greeting from Indonesia.

      Delete