---------------------------------------------

Friday, October 3, 2014

BUNTIL DAUN PARE - ROLLED BITTER GOURD LEAVES WITH ANCHOVY AND GRATED COCONUT

My little jungle in  my back yard was disappear.
The vines have unloaded after the green caterpillars attacked sporadically.
I have been missing so many greens from those vines 
And also this meal... Buntil daun pare (rolled bitter gourd leaves with anchovy and grated coconut).
I did the same way such as on cooking Buntil Daun Labu.
The taste was almost similar, but such as the name, the leaves were slightly bitter and tender.
Hmmm... delicious...

Filled

Rolled

Ready to be steamed

Steamed

Steamed Buntil is ready


Tasted

Cooked Buntil (Processed later)

11 comments:

  1. Salam Endah,

    Baru I tau daun buah peria boleh di makan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Honey,
      Ya, disinipun tak banyak yang mengkonsumsi. Banyak yang tak tahu.

      Delete
  2. That has to be a bundle of flavor! We have wasps that catch and eat green caterpillars but they sting if disturbed. I left a nest of them at the entrance of the garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you did the right way. We need natural predator to keep our garden save naturally.

      Delete
  3. Those neat little packages of green look delicious, Endah! I can imagine they must hold plenty of wonderful flavour, as well as looking pretty on the plate.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. This is one of my favorite dish.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm, they look delicious, over here there is a similar dish made with vine leaves which you can fill with different kind of filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow sounds so interesting! I think I will try it someday with another filling. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
    2. Here is a recipe for you, but there are many ways to make this traditional dish :-)
      http://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/greek-dolmades-recipe-stuffed-vine-leaves

      Delete
    3. Hmm…I continued to look for recipes!
      The one I posted above looked so bland, here is one more like I used to make them. Although it must be more than 20 years since last time I made any ‘Dolmades’. I didn’t used to use cinnamon in mine, but I used cardamom and saffron – or just turmeric if I didn’t have any saffron. And I also added some mild chilli pepper for a bit of heat. Have fun trying it out :-)
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/dd_82134

      Delete
    4. Thank you so much for sharing me these recipes. I will try it soon.

      Delete