---------------------------------------------

Sunday, October 12, 2014

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY RUNNER BEAN?

I don't know what's going on with my runner bean.
I sowed two bean on September 1, and transplanted it into raised bed on September 14.
One seedling finally have died a week after transplanted.
And the only one remain on my garden but looks so poor.
The growth looks so slowly, and I think it have stagnant.


The picture above I took on September 21.
And the pictures below I took this early morning.




Although this plant have been bearing some flowers, but they look so small.
The leaves look so small and wrinkled.



This is the only one that I have.
I want to treat this plant, I will do my best for this plant.
I have no experience about growing runner bean.
What is going on with my runner bean?
And what should I do with this plant?
Readers, please give me your advice and share me your experience about growing runner bean.
Thanks before.

10 comments:

  1. I have not transplanted beans but I would think that it wouldn't bother them but maybe they don't like being moved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. I always grow beans by direct sowing, have never transplanted, except these runner beans. Maybe you're right.

      Delete
  2. Perhaps it doesn't like the weather? I grew St George runner beans this year, they have red and white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..please, maybe my garden is too hot and dry for this bean. Thank you Jo!

      Delete
  3. Has it had plenty of water. It looks as though something has been eating the leaves,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Right now is dry season here, the weather is too hot and dry.

      Delete
  4. salam endah,
    may be direct sow is better, it wont being affect when u transfer the plant to the raised bed...but the red flower looks so nice any way..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Ana,
      I think so, however transplanting has any risks.

      Delete
  5. I dont know how the wetter is at your place but here where I live, it would not work to grow any beans at this time of the year. We start growing them in may when there are no more cold nights. Beans need warm wether.
    Best wishes from Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing, Marie! During this dry season, the temperature between day and night is extreme. Too hot at the day, but to cold at the night.
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete