---------------------------------------------

Sunday, October 5, 2014

LEMON : BREATH AGAIN

As an amateur gardener, trial and error is a must.
Yes, from so many trials that I have done, I have gotten both of success and failed.
For the case, I have no expectation to my lemon tree.


Last year, this tree looked so poor this plant dried suddenly when its branches are full of fruits.
I found something like as jelly on the stem, I guessed that it  some kind of bacteria on their colonies.
I cut it down, but on the last rainy season the stem grew new shoots.





The shoots grow so well, and now I'm finding a white flower on the end of the branch.
Ahaa... looks so promising...
I hope the other branches will show me their flowers too.
I can wait to see the yellow lemons hanging on the tree.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, and they smell so wonderful! Just have one in a pot to bring it inside during winter - it's cold here, as you know!
    Thank you so much for your lovely visit. It's wonderful to find friends all over the world. Have been in Flores, Sumbawa, Lombok and Bali years ago ... wonderful islands with wonderful people. How do you say: bagus?!!!
    All my best
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... sounds so wonderful! You are a great traveler. In Indonesian, Bagus means good.
      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. So nice your lemon tree is doing well now Endah, I have one in a big pot and the flowers have gone over in rather a lot of lemons, still green. The fragrant of the flowers is lovely and on warm days is so nice on the porch. I keep the tree outside until we get frost then I have to transport the very heavy pot to the conservatory where it takes so much room unfortunately, but I love my lemon tree because my daughter bought it for me on a holiday in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a lovely plant, because it's a give from your lovely person. As long as I know, Italian lemon is one of the famous lemon in the world.

      Delete
  3. We have a baby lemon tree in a windowsill in he house but I doubt that it will ever bear fruit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds so interesting Sue! Growing lemon in te windowsill... so unusual!

      Delete
  4. Cool! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you, Endah. I can't wait to see lemons hanging on the tree too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Endah,
    Your garden delights ... Now even bloom lemon.
    Pretty it looks.
    Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucia. Keep warm and have a nice week.

      Delete
  6. Endah,

    Ahad lalu I ada pergi nursery. Niatnya nak beli pokok lemon tapi takut nanti pokoknya tak menjadi dengan cuaca yang panas di Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete