---------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

WEEKLY HARVEST - JANUARY 2

This week I found so many thing from my garden. 
Although, the very wet weather and downpour make my garden so messy.
Then fruit flies and fungus attack made my garden worse.


I got passion fruits, green eggplants, kembang telang, lemons and tricolor chillies.

 

From my back yard, I got green amaranths, pare (bitter gourds), green chives, green onions, cabe rawit hijau (little green chilli peppers) and young pumpkin leaves.

 

Here, especially in Java, we can find the young pumpkin leaves and shoots in traditional markets as greens. 
We usually cook it as Sayur Bening (clear soup) and Sayur bobor (Javanese gravy soup).
 

The long hot  pepper beds on my back yard look better.
The fruit flies attack is over (maybe, I hope!)
I prefer to pick them at green mature stage. 

 

From my terrace garden, I got creamy chilli pepper (cabe rawit putih), green chives, green mustards and sweet basil, also the first harvest from my green beans plot.


From my balconies, I got sweet basil, green mustards and acid orange.
Not too much, but that's enough for our daily vegetables needs.
Thanks God...

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful harvest....your floors are so white and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very envious of your 'winter' harvest - what I wouldn't give to be able to pick a basketful like that from my garden at this time of year! Interesting to read what you use your squash leaves for - an African neighbour of mine tells of cooking young courgette leaves and stems in the same way. Enjoy your lovely vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caro. I hope you have 'calm' winter right now.

      Delete
  3. Most fruit presented to me exotic. I am glad that I know them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are tropical fruits and veggies. Thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  4. That is a great harvest Endah, enjoy !!!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eilis. I hope you have a pleasant weather.

      Delete
  5. I have no idea how to prepare most of your harvest, but they all look delicious! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niektóre z Twoich warzyw nie są u nas znane . Myślę jednak, że bym je polubiła. Pozdrawiam.
    Some of your vegetables are not familiar with us. However, I think I liked them. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some of my vegetables are tropical plants that need warm and humid climate for their growth

      Delete