---------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 2, 2014

OVER RIPENING PARE

Yesterday, when I was picking some cabe rawit (little chilli pepper) I found something interesting.
Wow... there was an over ripening pare (bitter gourd) hanging on the dense vine.
The fruit still wrapped in the plastic bag.
I wrapped the fruit to keep it from the fruit flies attack.

 

The yellow-orange fruit, have cracked by the time.


Look, the red seeds were peeking.


When I was touching  the fruit, suddenly it was break and down to the ground.



On another spot, I found some seeds were spread on the ground.
Some seeds were germinating and sprouting by it self.
I guess the seeds came from over ripening pare that fallen down to the ground.



The favorable weather made they grew naturally.
So natural...

18 comments:

  1. Nature is able to amaze and surprise. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you save your own seeds anyway Endah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the cheapest way to get new seed for the next planting season

      Delete
  3. You'll have a little gourd forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all right. I have transplant several seedling to another spots.

      Delete
  4. Witaj Endah! Dziękuję za odwiedziny na moim blogu. Wpadłam z rewizytą i chętnie zostanę na dłużej. Z przyjemnością będę podglądać te wszystkie egzotyczne (dla mnie) rośliny - są niezwykłe. Pozdrawiam Cię serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Ewa. Please enjoy my adventure through this blog. Thank you for following.

      Delete
  5. Welcome to Endah!
    You show us once again a very interesting plant.
    Thank you. I did not know that there are such plants.
    Regards from far away Polish.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucia. We find a lot of wonderful things especially plants grom all over the world. So, we should share each other

      Delete
  6. That is a very interesting gourd. Does it taste similar to any other gourds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes a little bitter, but we can reduce the unpleasant taste by washing it with the salt. We usually harvest this gourds on medium stage of their maturity. The taste will be better.

      Delete
  7. I love volunteer vegetables! Some of my best tomatoes come up unexpectedly from rotten tomatoes from the previous season. And I love to find onion plants in our compost pile. Once we even had an avocado plant. You are right. Very natural! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I some time find volunteers in my compost or my raised beds. The volunteers usually stronger and resistant to the extreme weather. A wonderful nature.

      Delete
  8. An unintentional, fun experiment! And the photo are so colorful and fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get an interesting experience on it. Nature will always give us wonderful things

      Delete