---------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 30, 2014

RIPE RAMBUTAN


Finally I find ripe rambutan.
Look so many reddish fruits on the tree.


There are so many black ants on the tree, especially on the fruits cluster.



Rambutan is come from word 'rambut' means hair.
So... look the hairy skin!


There are black mold on the fruit skin, and of course it will invite the ants to come on.


Yesterday, my son asked me to pick some rambutan.
Then, I picked some fruit clusters for him.
Actually, I want to let the fruits reach their peak of maturity with the dark red skin.



 When I tasted the pulp, it's taste fairy sweet and dry.





And the pulp is not too juicy.


My son is really love it.
I didn't know how much he ate it.



I found so many seedless fruits.


As the first time fruiting season, the yield is not bad enough.
I'm so confuse, I will cut it down the tree or will let the tree grow  and produce better yields.

22 comments:

  1. I haven't seen anything like that before, very strange fruit to me.Maybe it would be good mixed with other fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rambutan is very popular fruit here. This plant is native from South East Asia, especially Indonesia. There are so many varieties here. Actually this fruit have very good taste, sweet and fairy dry.

      Delete
  2. They look like really large peeled grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't expecting it to look like that inside. It reminds me of lychee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are members of the same family, so they look similar

      Delete
  4. Interesting looking fruit indeed! Do you eat them as they are or do you cook with them too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm confused! Why would you cut down a tree that is giving you such lovely fruit? As Jo says, they look like lychees, a delicious fruit, so I think it best that they tree stays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree does not give me the yield as good as my expectation. In my expectation, the tree have a cluster of fruits at the end of the branching or every trunks. And... the taste should be much sweeter.

      Delete
  6. I don't know why you would want to cut it down, you like like you have a fairly good harvest from them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have make a chance, you now that I only have limited land, so only a good quality of plant will stay longer in my little home garden

      Delete
  7. Nice pictures of the Rambutan. I know this fruit from a visit to Indonesia a long time ago, it is delicious. I should not yet cut down the tree, give it another chance it has given you some good fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I should be patient. Maybe the next season the yield will much better. I really hope that. The yield is usually influenced by the current weather

      Delete
  8. Rambutan is again something new for me.
    Interesting fruit.
    We regret that it is broken Translate.
    I wish you a pleasant weekend.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This fruit is very popular here. I hope you can taste it someday

      Delete
  9. They look similar to a fruit I loved in Jamaica when I visited. They called them ginups there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds so interesting. I have never known about it. We have so many similar fruits here. I'm not sure its the same fruit. Thanks for sharing your experience

      Delete
  10. They look like lychees. I've recently found a lychee juice to buy here which is delicious but I've never tasted the fresh fruit yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of them have a similar taste. Rambutan has softer flavor, and in some varieties less juicy than lychee

      Delete