---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WEEKLY HARVEST - JANUARY 3

Wind and rain... along the week.
So...  the weather is not too wet.
But it's not favorable enough for me on growing vegetables,  especially the greens.

 

From my back yard there are sweet basil  green amaranths, green cabbage, labu siam (chayote), chayote leaves, yellow passion fruit, pare, little chilli peppers and long hot peppers.

 

The long hot peppers bed look better and better.
The fallen fruits decline day by day.



Look the chayote vine...
The vine is showing me its  first fruit.

 

 

I also pick the young leaves and shoots as greens.
Here, we can find both of them are bunched and sold in so many traditional markets, also in supermarkets.


I get the first yellow passion fruit this week from my back yard.
It's bigger than my red variety, but the taste is similar.


From my front yard, I find red passion fruits, green eggplants, kembang telang and tricolor chilli peppers.

And from my terrace garden, I get green beans, green onions, green chives and sweet basil.
Finally, from my balcony, there are acid oranges, sweet basil and green mustard.
Actually it's not too much, but it's enough for our daily need.
How about your harvest this week???

12 comments:

  1. For a few weeks now we have been harvesting carrots, parsnips, beetroot, cabbage and leeks with still lots to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. I have never known about winter gardening. In my mind winter is a dormancy time, no plants grow during the freezing days. You learn me more. Thanks Sue.

      Delete
    2. The plants aren't actually growing but are sitting waiting to be picked. We do have some things that grow in winter though.

      Delete
    3. Whatever, that's something wonderful harvest on the cold-freezing day.

      Delete
  2. You must harvest all year, those peppers look like they may be real hot! We still have some kale but the extreme cold has really damaged the plants though they will probably come back some if we warm up for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my warm climate, we can harvest all year round. Yes, the peppers are really hot, but the most wanted here. Now, I know why some vegetables can't grow well on tropics area, because they need cold weather, like your kale!

      Delete
  3. I would like to try your different fruits and veggies. They all look so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's quite a lot of harvest and if it's enough for you on daily basis, that is brilliant. We only have leeks and parsnips left to harvest over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful. I can imagine how cold there. I can't grow leeks and parsnip here, too hot and wet.

      Delete
  5. Those passion fruits look very nice – and very different from mine which sadly doesn’t taste very nice and are not really edible though not poisonous. I haven’t got anything edible to harvest right now but will sow salad and radish in just a month or so. This autumn I plan to extend the salad season with winter salad, I haven’t grown that before, but I eat salad every day so it makes sense to keep growing it, I just need to switch to a more hardy mix during the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salad and radish, sounds so wonderful. I order radish seeds this week. I have never grown before, I hope it will be a wonderful veggie in my garden next

      Delete