---------------------------------------------

Friday, April 4, 2014

RED OKRA : FIRST POD

This season, I have a project 'Try The New varieties'.
You know that I love to learn everything and try something new also unusual.
This is a part of my project; growing red okra or ladies finger (Abelmoschus esculentus var rubra).


I'm growing both of green and red varieties.
This is the red okra row.
I sowed on January 23, then the seedling were transplanted on middle of February.



Look their growth, so thrives...
The growth of red variety look better than the green one.


This is a little fruit or flower bud, I'm not sure.


I hope they will grow well and give me their best yield.
Have you ever grow okra?

10 comments:

  1. Your pictures would make any vegetable beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try some of that red variety, it is very nice. I'm the only one who eats it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't grow okra but as you say it is good to to new things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's not easy to try something new in our garden, eventually unusual things. But it does not matter

      Delete
  4. For me not growing this unusual plant.
    Nothing you can do about it. I do not know whether it's fruit or flower.
    Greetings from far away Polish.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here we treated okra as food for brain.. I also like to plant new and rare plant..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You all right, okra is good as nutrient for our brain. So much pleasure on trying something new in my garden. Happy gardening Kak Mar !

      Delete