---------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 27, 2014

FLOWERING RADISH

This season, I'm doing trial on several varieties of vegetables.
Lobak or white long radish is on my plant list.
We also call it as Daikon (Lobak Jepang).
They grew so well at the first, but bolting have been coming so early, before the tubby root established and become bigger.
But no problem, as the first trial I get something interesting, a new lesson.
At least I can see and know how beautiful the radish flower is.
So... I find beautiful flowers on my terrace garden as a treat.
How  does about the roots..... I will think about that again on the next planting.




Now... I'm enjoying the beautiful flowers that I have never seen before...
Enjoy your weekend and happy gardening...

14 comments:

  1. I know with the little red radish you can eat the seeds pods. If you can with the Daikon it may be a crop for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds so interesting! I have never known about that. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  2. Radish have a bautiful flowers. Amazing photos. Have nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower is impressing me, a beautiful flower.
      Thank you, Monika. And have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. Cantik juga bunga radish ni ya..ini pertama kali tengok. Thanks for sharing Endah! Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. The color is so cool, so soft. I love it.
      Thank you for coming and have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  4. Endah, I suppose they are leaves of this herb.
    Flowers are beautiful. I think the leaves are spicy and good taste.
    Greetings from Polish.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have no idea to eat the leaves. But sounds so intetesting.
      Keep warm and have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  5. cantik ya bunganya,,

    you too have a nice weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We call this radish Daikon as well Endah. I like to eat it with other veggies. But I think if it has flowers so it won't have good roots to eat. When mt radish start growing stalk with flowers I throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the information, great lesson for me. I've been waiting for the seeds.

      Delete