---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

DEWANDARU : A COLORFUL MONTH ON MY BALCONY

The last five weeks my southern balcony looks so colorful.
Yes... my Dewandaru or vemilion cherry tree has been on it fruity season.
Hundreds little fruits are hanging on the slim branches.


So many color on so many maturity stage...
From the flower buds, full blooming flowers, fruit lets, young fruits, nearly mature fruits, ripen fruits and full ripen fruits... all here



From the second week of August, the little tree have been showing me its beautiful fruits.


I think this dry season makes the tree feel so 'happy'.



Actually Dewandaru can produce fruit all year round on favorable weather.


I think, this dry season is the peak of the fruity 'season'.
Although, the weather is so dry and windy, this little tree looks so happy.
The strong winds sometimes made the whole of the pot and the tree were collapsed.
But they still look so fine.


The red ripen fruit is so sweet and tender, also high on vitamin C and antioxidant.


Reader... Do you have a colorful plant this season?

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have the best season in the year. Yes, your red fruits looks so sweet soft..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tomoko. This dry season is really nice season for my garden

      Delete
  2. It looks good, they look like little chillies rather than cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never seen this cherry before! They look so juicy! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam endah,
    amazing! wish to have this plant in my garden...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Ana,
      If you have this plant you can find the fruit almost all year round.

      Delete
  5. Those fruits look delicious but more like tomatoes or, as Joanne says, chillies. It's something I'd like to taste but I'm guessing the plant needs hot dry weather to produce fruit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's right. I think this plant need dry weather with extreme temperature between day and night. During the rainy season, the vegetative growth usually more dominant.

      Delete