---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

FIRST SUN ON OUR HOME GARDEN

Something from our home garden that's making me so happy during my busy and tiring weeks...
Sunflower... 
Yes, I really love sun flower, but I've always failed on growing this beautiful plant.
I don't know how many times I've sowed the seeds.
Some of them failed on germination period, it might caused by the quality of the seeds.
Some others germinated successfully, but died on seedling period.
On August, I sowed four varieties of sunflower; Sunburst, Little Leo, Single Giant and local variety.
I only sowed two seeds each, expect the local variety I sowed ten seeds.
All germinated successfully, but snail have eaten the seedlings just on a night.
I was really disappointed...
The only one survivor was looked so poor at that time, then I moved it on a better place, far from the destroyer.
Yes, our front garden is the better place, more sunshine and wider.
It grows so nice (although it may not so perfect).
I feels so blessed...
Please enjoy the beauty...

This was the flower bud five days ago.


And this was the half opened blossom, two days ago.


So cute...

Sharing space with zinnias and sweet basil on a big pot.


This is my Sunburst today...


Enjoying all detail...


Enjoying its growth...


Enjoying the beauty...
Thanks GOD...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sun Flower.. I remember you have always wanted to grow Sun flowers. Sun flowers love a lot of SUN! So happy for you, enjoy your beautiful Sun flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa. I always so jealous every time I see your beautiful sunflowers. Have a great moment!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful sunflower, Endah! I'm sure you'll have many seeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nadezda! I hope so, lots of seeds for the next planting.

      Delete
  3. That one sunflower you have left from all your seedlings must be very special for you, it's a beauty! And.....more fresh seeds to harvest soon.
    Have a nice day Endah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's right, Janneke. It's really special for me.

      Delete