---------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

FOLIAGE OF THE WEEK - AGLAONEMA 'HENG HENG'

This is one of my favorite foliage... Aglaonema...

Heng heng

It's well known as chinese  evergreen.
There are a lot of variety of this genus.
Aglaonema is an evergreen perennial herbs with stems growing erect or decumbent and creeping.
Stems that grow along the ground may root at the nodes.



colorful leaves

I love the thick, glossy and colorful leaves.
It have so many pattern of the leaves.
This one of my favorite variety 'Heng heng"...

Curly young leaf

This plant will grow well in shady area.
It's native in the tropical  rain forest, growing well under the canopy of the forest.
Shady and humid area is the best place for it.

beautiful pattern

My husband bought it (just a pot with three leaves) about four years ago.
Actually this is my husband collection.
Now, I have six pots of it.

The young leaf looks creamy pink

pinky  splash
I planted so many 'heng heng' on the pots. 
I put it in front of my kitchen.
So... I get more beautiful view, every time I worked in the kitchen.

18 comments:

  1. I like the color combination of the leaves, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aglaonena have a lot of beautiful leaf's pattern. Pattern with red color on it is the most favored.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful! I wish I could grow that here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope you can grow there. It's good as indoor pot plant. Welcome to my blog. Thank you so much that you have to be my follower.

      Delete
  3. Welcome Endah!
    Stunning images. The unusual exotic plants.
    It is very beautiful.
    I send greetings.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucia. I hope someday you can plant it and it will decorate your home.

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful colours in the variegated leaves, Endah! I would love to be able to grow this in my shady border but it's just not humid enough in the UK. It's definitely a plant to remember for a greenhouse or conservatory, though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This hybrid came from long cross pollination. This is one of popular hybrid in Indonesia. Maybe you can try to plant it indoor. I think they adaptable in indoor microclimate.

      Delete