Today, the biggest Banjarnegara event in this month (I think this year) is begin.
Banjarnegara have a big project named SERAYU FESTIVAL.
This event still have link to the celebration of Banjarnegara's birthday.
Serayu is the name of main river in Central Java.
It flows across on five regency; Wonosobo, Banjarnegara, Purbalingga, Banyumas and Cilacap.
The spring is on the Dieng Plateau Wonosobo, and it's called Bimalukar Spring.
This river have a big influence for the human being, especially for the peoples that live around this.
So, there are so many way for us to appreciate that blessing.
Serayu Festival is one way for it.
There are so many parties and processions everyday.
A Really busy week.
There are a lot of supporting events in that festival.
Wow... you have to check the list below....
Lets start the party....
- Photography competition (August 22nd -September 1st)
- Amateur and Professional Boxing Invitation (August 22nd - 24th)
- Opening Ceremony and Cultural Parade (August 24th)
- Performance of "Sendratari Babad Banjarnegara" (August 24th)
- Performance of Culture and "Kethoprak" ( August 24th -31st)
- Appreciation of "Keroncong" Music (August 24th 26th)
- Golf Tournament (August 25th)
- Trail Motor Expedition (August 25th)
- Indie Film Presentation (August 26th-30th)
- Competition of Sing and Music Composing for Teenager (August 26th-29th)
- Fish-dish Cooking Competition(August 26th)
- Local Fruit and Vegetables Arrangement Competition (August 26th)
- Parade and discussion of " Parak Iwak " Party (August 26th)
- Student Art Competition ( August 27th - 29th)
- "Parak Iwak " Party (August 27th)
- Painting Expo (August 24th-31st)
- Serayu Expo (August 28th- September 1st)
- Fun Walk (August 29th)
- Scientific Seminar (August 29th)
- Performance of "Wayang Kulit" ( August 30th)
- Youth Camp (August 30th-31st)
- Islamic Art Competition (August 30th-31st)
- Serayu 10 K (August 31st)
- Green Banjarnegara (August 31st)
- Banjarnegara Bersholawat (August 31st)
- Fun Bike (September 15th)
- Closing Ceremony (September 1st)
BIMA... the mascot
Javanese Traditional Troops
Farmer's cow cart
The smiling driver
Over loaded cow cart
A little princes inside
Traditional Rice mill
Traditional Fishermans and fish traps
Batik's Fashion Show on the Street
Modification and creative design
High End Fashion
Special dish for blessing
Specialty drink of Banjarnegara called "Dawet Ayu"