---------------------------------------------

Sunday, March 2, 2014

GARDENING ON THE BALCONY : MARCH 2014

No more space for my veggies.
So, I expand the planting area in to my balcony.
Look the view from my workroom in the morning.


Actually my east balcony is an area for my ornamental plants.

I hope my home garden become more productive.
Finally, I moved my ornamental plants to my front porch and also hang some pots.


I took the green mustards pots on this balcony before.
I have harvested all of the plant, and now this balcony is a patch for the 'Red Rapid' lettuces.

 

This balcony is a part shady area, but get an abundant sun shine in the morning. 
Actually it's really favorable for so many foliage.
I think this lettuce could be a beautiful edible foliage.

 

The lettuces row is ready to be harvested.

 

But... the new lettuces row is ready to substitute the old row.
The little lettuces row is ready under the old row.



The new 'row' is green lettuce 'Bellini'.


So....my balcony will more productive...

12 comments:

  1. You so many things in pots, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne. I think I will do a different thing if I have a wide home garden :)

      Delete
  2. The pots look so neat in their rows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun, when the row on the balcony is eaten and finished, next row is ready for the show. Superb idea this should be followed by many more people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janneke. Actually, I don't know where should I put my plants on my tiny garden. So, fill each niche :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice lettuce, we just pinch off a few leaves of each plant and it continues to grow new leaves. It may be too warm in your area an it will go to seed which they call "bolting".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. I usually pinch my older leaves each plants. So we can pick the leaves repeatedly in a longer period. If the flower buds have already bearing, I will cut off the stems. So the harvesting period is over. Yes, I'm agree with you. In low land tropics, the flowering stage is faster than planting in highland. The warm weather and heat will promote the generative stage.

      Delete
  5. It looks beautiful row of lettuce.
    It's a great idea to plant them in pots.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucia. Growing veggies on the pots make me easy on plant rotation, I think its better and more healthy for our garden.

      Delete
  6. The view from your work room looks great!

    ReplyDelete