---------------------------------------------

Sunday, September 23, 2018

LETTUCE : BEST CROP EVER

How lucky I am...
yeah... I found bountiful self seedlings lettuces in chrysanthemum pot.

 

After I watering the drought pot on the balcony, several days later I found little seedling popping  up from the soil, I'm not sure the ID.


Then I checked the pot, and I found the ruin of flower cluster, yeah... lettuce flower cluster.
I let them grew up, and transplanted some of them into the ground and pots.
now... we can find beautiful and healthy lettuces on our garden. 

 

I remember... on the early of this year I sowed some expired lettuce seeds on the chrysanthemum pots, and get two lettuces grew so poor, grew wildly like as weed. 

 

Let them  bolted then flowering, the stalk were broken by the wind and died caused by the drought.

 

There was no sign of life there, before I did watering into the soil.


Now we can identifying the variety... 'Butter head Java rose' lettuce.

 

Beauty from the wasted thing... 

 

Beautiful volunteer... 


I get so many various stages of this lettuce...

 

And plating them everywhere... 




Thanks GOD...

18 comments:

  1. Some of those lettuces look like green roses,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piękne sałaty!
    Serdecznie pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and delicious. You have so many of them, you can start a greengrocery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Janneke. Or... I have to share the lettuces with friend and neighbor.

      Delete
  4. Endah,
    your pot garden is fantastic.
    The salads look very healthy and tasty.
    Greetings.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious and beautiful! Thanks for the reminder--I need to start my coldframe lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! Enjoy your gardening time in the cold frame.

      Delete
  6. All growing so well. Isn’t it time to harvest?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These plants and flowers are amazing looking. I love your garden, looks like you are getting great growth. Thanks for the share, have a fantastic rest of your day. Keep up the posts.

    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah.. Endah. Sangat cantik lettucenya.

    ReplyDelete