---------------------------------------------

Sunday, September 30, 2018

SUN FLOWER : THAT'S REAL

Finally, I can enjoy the beauty of my home grown  sun flower. 

  

Last year, I got two sun flower plants for free when we purchased roses and chrysantemum. 

 

These were the mother plants.

 

They grew well and produced lots of seeds. 

 

All fresh seeds had sprouted well. 
But white flies and drought destroyed almost of them. 
And they left me a sun flower plant in my raised bed. 

 

 The sun flower plant in August....




And this was in September...

 

So beautiful...

 

Although we only have one plant, but we're really happy. 


Enjoy the beautiful flowers and color. 

  

  

 
Hoping we can harvest the fresh seeds for the next season. 

 

Thanks GOD. 

12 comments:

  1. Birds love sunflowers (Helianthus L).
    Sunflowers also grew in my garden.
    At my place is autumn and frost until - 5 ° Celsius.
    Greetings from autumn Poland.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Lucia. I can find birds, butterflies and bees almost everyday visiting these flowers.
      Enjoy your day.

      Delete
  2. Oh, now that is really pretty! The flowers are so large and bright. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing sun flower is so challenging for me. Maybe that's easy for other, but it's not easy for me, I had failed so many times.

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem with the sunflowers. Endah. They don't seem to like my garden ... I would be happy to have even one plant like you. Bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seri taman kalau ada bunga matahari ni. Saya pun sedang tanam semula setelah hampir bertahun juga lenyap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Endah,
    Lovely sunflower! I have no them in my garden, they do not grow well at all. I think they need more warmth than here it is. I love eating sunflower seed, and you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, Nadezda. They love warmth. Hoping I will be lucky on the next season.

      Delete
  6. Lovely!
    Sunflower brings cheer to the garden.

    ReplyDelete