---------------------------------------------

Saturday, August 23, 2014

GARDENING ON THE BALCONY : AUGUST 2014

Hi... look !
Can you find my balconies?
Sorry, it's not easy to get a good angle on taking some pictures of my house.



Lets peek my eastern balcony...
My Queen of the Night got blooming three times this month.


And the Pare (bitter gourd) vine is showing me its little fruits.



And I found the over ripening Pare too...
Such a nice color... so striking!


The celery and sawi kriting are still growing well here.



Although I have to watering twice a day, or they will get drought...



Ya... they usually look so poor on the afternoon, cause the weather is too dry.
But, they will fresh again after watering.


The two pakcoy remain are growing so well.
My girl is really love it, and very often picks the lower leaves to be stir fried.


The only one red lettuce Lolo Rosa looks so stunning, and of course cheering my balcony.


Two endives look so poor...
I guess they got over sunshine, and I moved to the part shady area.
I hope the cooler temperature and shady will make them better.



I hope this dry season will not so extreme, so it will safe for my garden...
Happy gardening..
Have a wonderful weekend...

16 comments:

  1. Everything looks great, Endah. And you are right, it is too warm and dry for endive. They actually love our fall and winter here in Louisiana. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Yes, my endive got dried on the end of the leaves, they get drought so fast on my dry and windy weather.

      Delete
  2. Suka tengok sayurannya - Esp sawi kerinting & salad merah ..suburnya ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gardens are so beautiful even on your balcony. What a lovely home you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teresa. I have to optimizing all space on my home and garden to be more productive and give us more oxygen for nicer atmosphere.

      Delete
  4. Salam endah;
    love to see your ripen bitter gourd...striking orange, seems like artificial colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Ana,
      Thank you Ana. Yes, it looks so striking. Usually the ripen bitter gourd will be cracked when the skin still yellowish-green. But this one is so special...

      Delete
  5. Bu Endah... sepertinya cukup lama tak bersua,, I miss u n yr garden so much.....
    ya ampun semuanya terlihat menawan... segerrrrrr....
    Lollo Rossanya... aduhaii... asiiiik... sy baru saja semai Lollo Rossa.. semoga hidup dan subur,, Thanks for sharing... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Selada sebetulnya mudah dibudidayakan, yang penting bijinya jangan sampai expired, fresh seeds lebih bagus. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I bet you have a great view from up there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have a lovely view from your place, it looks gorgeous. And you have so many flowers at one time in the Queen of Night. Also the fruit of your bitter gourd looks so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya... you're right Janneke. I'm lucky that my Queen of the Nights are so productive. I have three pots of Queen of the Night on my balcony and so often show me their beautiful flowers.

      Delete
  8. Ya Allah, menjadi sungguh tanaman Endah ye? Segar-segar semuanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih. Tanaman tersebut tampak segar di pagi hari, tapi saat siang udara kering dan panas membuatnya layu, tapi segar kembali setelah disiram.

      Delete