---------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 16, 2015

MY TORCH GINGER TODAY...

Look my kecombrang or torch ginger clump on my back yard...
Looks so lush, but there's no signal of flower bud there.



Maybe you still remember with my old posts about kecombrang.
I have been waiting for the flower that popping up from this clump.
Actually, I have planted kecombrang more than twice.
I don't remember how many time...
But this is the last and the only one that grow so well.
Before I can pick the flowers, I still use the leaves as a traditional 'herb' on cooking fish.
It has aromatic flavor, and reduces bad smell of the fish.
It will make the fish dish more aromatic and tasty.


I have to be patient to find the beautiful edible flower from this clump.
Hope I don't need a long time.
I wish...

13 comments:

  1. Ginger! I love the sugared version I find in nut shops here. So yesterday I planted ginger root I bought at the grocery store. I will let you know if it grows here in my veggie garden. Success with your besutiful garden and ginger plant. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I grow the real ginger too. on our climate they grow so well.

      Delete
  2. When I saw your torch ginger my first thought was that this plants leaves look just like my canna lily leaves. I would love to have it it my garden. Could this ginger be grown as annual plant in pots(I don't think it would survive my winter)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. It looks like canna. I'm not sure that they could grow on a pot as annual. It grows so slow at the first, I means on the early months.

      Delete
  3. Suburnya pokok ini...tinggi lagi..harap2 cepat berbunga. Saya pun rasa mahu lihat bunganya...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. betul kak Mala, Saya pun tak sabar melihat bunganya muncul dari rumpun tanaman ini.

      Delete
  4. Endah, your ginger is great.
    I love the ginger root.
    I make him tea.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can soon pick your flower,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful torch ginger, I love their flowers and they are so fragrant. I once had a ginger in my greenhouse, it growed very well but over the years it died, our climate is just not good enough, but I like trying new things. We use gingerroots here, but I did not know the flowers are edible too and the leaves used as a herb for fish cooking. A really very useful and beautiful plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janneke. This plant is grown for its flower, stem, leaves and some fruits, but not for the root or rhizome as usual (Zingiberaceae).

      Delete
  7. I hope it does have flower! Gardening is such a work of patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope so. You're absolutely right, full of patience.

      Delete