---------------------------------------------

Sunday, March 8, 2015

KACANG PANJANG : EXPLORING THE FLOWER

One of my  bean collection is 'kacang panjang' or long yard bean.
Javanese call it as kacang dawa or kacang usus.
Long yard bean (Vigna unguiculata) is a popular vegetable in my country.
We can find it both of in groceries or traditional market.
The price is fairly cheap.


Now, I want to explore its beautiful flower.


The color is so vary depend on the variety.
But the shape is the same.


It just a one day blooming flower.
Blooming in the morning, and will be withered in the late of afternoon.


Please enjoy the simple beauty from my little garden.
happy gardening for you all...

12 comments:

  1. lovely flower! Who said vegetables are not beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many beauties in your little garden Endah, I am always amazed. Love bean flowers and there so many different ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks similar to our sweet peas,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are on the same family, so have the similar flower.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful flower, Lovely garden. I am looking forward to spring flowers and planting a garden soon. Thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the spring comes soon. And I can see the beauty from your home garden.

      Delete
  5. I've seen long yard beans in the store but never eaten them - I do love beans, so I'll likely grow them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I think you can grow it on the late of spring. Cause it love warm weather.

      Delete
  6. I grow them here and the flower looks like the kind that you have. One year, every bee in flying distance came to my yard long beans but it doesn't happen every year. Insects don't bother them as bad as the do our regular pole beans so I know that I will have some beans to stir fry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have ever seen yours. They look so healthy and grow so well, so productive on your climate. I was so amazed.

      Delete