---------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

LEGETAN

Actually, I took these pictures several months ago, when we did evaluation on so many projects.
We walked through the farmland in highland area.
That area was an area for growing vegetables and tea.


I saw an extraordinary plant that grown widely on that farmland.
I have never seen before.
It looked like an edible weed that we used to eat as salad.
Yes, it was almost similar to Legetan (Acmella uliginosa), you can see on my older post here.
But it looked much bigger, and the aroma was stronger.


I asked to a farmer that stand on his farmland about these plant.
He said that those plant was used on pharmacy industry, cause it has so many medicinal benefits.
It was used as antipiretic, to treat toothache, migrain, and many more.
He asked me to bite a yellow flower, and my tongue got a numbness sensation.


A new plant for me.
Although it almost similar to weed on my garden.
an interesting experience...

8 comments:

  1. You were brave to bite into that plant you did not know. Every time I pull weeds, I wonder what " good plants" I am destroying. Thanks for sharing this information. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Linda. I like to try something new, great experience.

      Delete
  2. saya belum pernah jumpa disini lagi. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would medicine be without the natural world?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very interesting. Be handy for a toothache!

    ReplyDelete