---------------------------------------------

Friday, March 20, 2015

GUTTER PLANTER FOR LETTUCE

As an amateur gardener, I try to do the best that I can.
A lot of lessons that I have to learn about.
I don't plot specific budget to accommodate my hobby.
So, I have to save money on gardening.


Using old stuff, reusing, recycling are good way  to save money.
I often see planter boxes on internet, they look so interesting and beautiful.
I want to use it on growing vegetables and ornamental, but the it so expensive for me.


So, I have to think about make my own 'planter box'.
After our house reconstruction. we had some excess materials.
We had a PVC gutter, so I had an idea to make planter boxes from it.
I cut the gutter into a medium length, 50 cm and 1 m.
I made holes on the bottom of the gutter, and set the cover on the each end.
Now... I have some planter boxes.


They are great for growing short rooted vegetables, such as lettuce, caisin, pakcoy, celery, garlic chive, amaranth, and many more.


I really love to grow lettuce in this planter box, looks so neat and tidy.
I want to add more planter boxes, but I have to prepare time and money for it.


Happy gardening to you all.

14 comments:

  1. Your veggies look great! Such bounty! I am a huge fan of guttering. We have heavy clay soil, so if I start plants in guttering, they slide easily into rows once the soil has warmed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, Sarah. So much fun on growing on gutter. Not just productive, but also decorative.

      Delete
  2. I never thought of that and we have lots of garden space but this would be good to grow some in cold weather where I can put them by a warm wall during the day and move inside at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your idea is so good. So, you can pick your own food longer.

      Delete
  3. Endah...subur2nya tanaman di kebun kamu. Geram saya melihatnya. Suka tengok salad. Saya belum berhasil tanam salad sesubur ini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih Kak Mala. Tanam salad itu kadang sulit, kadang mudah, tak tentu
      Paling berat saat tanam di musim hujan, daun banyak yang koyak.

      Delete
  4. I was just telling my husband, about using gutters. I read about them on the internet.
    What a neat idea. And it would use less room. Your garden and plants look wonderful.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should try it. You will have so much fun.

      Delete
  5. I love "free" containers! And your greens in the gutters are wonderful. Can't wait to get back home and get my garden growing. LInda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how you misd your garden during the winter. Happy spring, happy gardening.

      Delete
  6. My goodness your lettuce and other veggies are growing....... Here it's still going so slowwww.....not warm enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh... I can't wait to see your beautiful garden in summer. I guess you have prepare all and everthing for growing season.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Seperti jealousnya saya lihat masakanmu, Honey.....:)

      Delete