---------------------------------------------

Sunday, March 22, 2015

COLEUS : THE OLD COLLECTION

Coleus is the first ornamental plant that I collected.
This beautiful foliage is really interested me.
I collected Coleus for the first time when I still on Junior High School, it was about 25 year ago. 
Me and two of my friends had the same interest to this lovely foliage.
We made a competition on collecting coleus.
Although we did competition, but we still share our collection.
A lovely competition...
What a shame, our collection attacked by white fly, and made serious damage.
So... we all had lost our collection.


When I got my first job on 2000, I spent a few of my money to accommodate my hobby on gardening.
The first thing on my mind was start a new collection of coleus.
I still lived with my parent, so I put my collection on the front yard.
That looked so lovely...


Look a my 'second' collection....
So pretty...
I really love it! 



These were just a few of my collection.
I forget how many variety that I have grown.
I'm sure it more than twenty five varieties.
But again... The white fly destroyed my collection.



Now, on my own home garden, I'm starting to collect coleus again.
I still have seven varieties.
I want to add more and more.
Hoping no white fly attack again.

10 comments:

  1. I love Coleus to cheer up my empty greenhouse in summer, I ordered again a packet of mixed Coleus seeds. You have a lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janneke. You're so lucky, I've never succeed on growing coleus from seed

      Delete
  2. When I have grown coleus they only last for a year they are treated like annuals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, some varieties have grown as annual. Most of my coleus are grown from cutting.

      Delete
  3. salam endah,
    its so nice n colorful, here we call it pokok ati-ati...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coleus are really colourful. But I have no luck on them. ;(

    ReplyDelete