Last Friday, I took three ingredients of my bouquet to make a traditional dish from Sumatra Island called balado terong.
These main ingredients were purple eggplants, tomato, and hot pepper.
I added some onion, garlic, salt and sugar.
|The eggplants looks so blue...|
- Eggplant 200 gram
- Tomato 2
- Hot pepper 5
- Shallot 5 (Medium or big size)
- Garlic 1
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
- Water 100 ml
- Use blender or food processor to Crumble the shallot, garlic, hot pepper and tomato until you get a crude mix.
- Split and Cut the eggplant into small pieces.
- Stir fry the crude mix into the hot cooking oil.
- Add the eggplants on it.
- Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the water, salt and sugar.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.